Easy Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
Hollandaise sauce tastes and looks great with eggs, vegetables such as asparagus, and even on your steak. I also have to admit that I "taste" this sauce way more than I need to when I am making it. For me the only downside is that it takes time and attention to make Hollandaise the traditional way and I have chosen not to make it on a number of occasions as a result.
For me this easy Hollandaise recipe is the answer, it takes about 10 minutes to make and seems to have the same yum factor as sauce made using the traditional stovetop method.
Yield: 4 Serves
- 150g of unsalted butter.
- 4 egg yolks.
- 1/3 of a teaspoon of Dijon mustard..
- Juice from 1/2 a large lemon.
- Tabasco sauce.
- Salt for seasoning.
- Add the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, and Tobasco sauce to a blender and blend on high for 5 - 10 seconds.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 60 - 90 seconds until melted.
- Turn the blender onto high and trickle the melted butter into the egg yolk mixture.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds until the sauce is thickened.
- Add salt to tast and pulse to mix through.