Hot Drinks - Non Alcoholic
- Written by Rob Galloway
Home made hot chocolate mix
A mug of hot chocolate is a delicious way to treat yourself or to share a moment with loved ones. There is no substitute for real hot chocolate made from scratch with milk and chocolate but there are many commercially available 'hot chocolate' mixes which make a delicious drink quickly and easily when you just want to relax.
This recipe shows you how to make your own delicious version of an instant hot chocolate mix at home from ingredients which are probably already in your pantry. Our recipe has the advantage of being much cheaper than commercially available products and you can adjust it to suit your own taste if you like.
Yield: 2lb or 1 kg of Mix ( approximately 40 serves )
- 3 cups ( 600g ) Caster sugar
- 2 Cups ( 200g) Cocoa powder
- 2 Cups ( 200g) Milk powder
- 1 tablespoon ( 20g) Salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container.
- To serve add one tablespoon of hot chocolate mix to hot water or milk and stir well