- Written by Rob Galloway
Stuffed Peppers with ground beef
Stuffed Bell peppers or Capsicums are tasty, healthy and easy to make dish which combines a tasty mixture of ground beef mince, fresh vegetables, and tasty cheese resulting in a flavorful dish which you won't feel guilty about eating.
Yield: 6 Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell peppers, red or green
- 1lb / 500g of ground beef mince
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 a cup of long grain rice
- 1/2 a cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of tasty cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Cut the tops from the red and green peppers , dice and set aside.
- Remove seeds from the peppers and discard.
- Cook the peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes, remove from the boiling water and drain.
- Cook ground beef, onion, and chopped peppers in a frying pan over a medium heat until vegetables have softened, and the beef has browned.
- Add remaining ingredients , except the cheese, to the pan and simmer covered for around 20 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Mix the cheese into the beef mixture.
- Stuff the peppers with the meat mixture, place them into an oven proof dish, and bake for 30 minutes.
Note: I sometimes find that I have excess meat mixture left over after stuffing the peppers which I set aside and eat on buttery toast as a tasty snack.